[BlueOnyx:16993] Re: User disk quotas don't match

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Feb 6 22:50:32 -05 2015

On 2/6/2015 1:14 PM, Richard Barker wrote:
> Chris,
> Have you done a 5108R to 5208R that has Primary DNS on it?
> RC

I have not personally done a *live* migration from 5108R to 5208R.  That
is, from a working 5108R to a new 5208R.

I have now participated on extractions from 2 horribly corrupted 5108R
systems, one of which went to the new 5208R without incident.   (The
other went to 5108R IIRC, in order to maintain use of older plugin
software).

In addition, we've performed in-place upgrades from 5108R to 5208R on
running systems with no ill-effects.  The entire BlueOnyx shared hosting
network at VIRTBIZ is currently 5208R. All of the boxes except for one
started life as 5108R, all run primary DNS, and no problems.   The only
"gotcha" we had was our billing system would no longer talk to the
servers.  Wasn't a big deal... the API just needed a little tweaking.
And now that's all in place for anyone wanting to move forward.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services