[BlueOnyx:17073] Re: BlueOnyx 5209R BETA released

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Feb 18 19:41:14 -05 2015

A couple of things when testing 5209R

When I try and change the hostname, it seems fussy about the characters I
choose, doesn't like _ in the name, all it says is "please fix this
field" with no hint to the problem, but the screen freezes with the
cycling progress bar and you have to refresh the page to try again. I did this like
10 times in Firefox 35 just to prove to myself that it wasn't a sometimes
glitch. I also tested it with Safari on a Mac and had the same problem,
getting stuck at the progress bar. Left it cycling for 10min to see if it
eventually continues.

When I do a service xinetd restart, it  immediately kicked me out of the telenet
session I was using at the time. This is a new unexpected behavoir when
restarting xinetd. It doesn't kick me out of ssh which is not launced by
xinetd, just telnet, rlogin, proftpd, it's not a big issue, just an observed
behavioural change from previous versions.

- Ernie.