[BlueOnyx:17080] Re: Upgrades and package questions

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 20 12:40:14 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

> Thanks for the answers. You missed question 2 about the PHP version.
>
>  2. PHP. I have updated PHP on all the servers too. What PHP comes with
>  5208R? If I buy packages for PHP do I do that before or after? Is
>  there anything I need to watch out for? I want to make sure I am
>  running at least PHP 5.4 for all sites.

5208R and 5108R both run on CentOS 6 or SL 6 (64-bit) and come with
PHP-5.3.3 pre-installed.

In the shop we do have PKGs for these PHP versions at this moment:

PHP-5.3.29
PHP-5.4.36
PHP-5.5.20

I'm working on PHP 5.4.38 and 5.5.22 and will publish them later today
or tomorrow.

The PHP packages for 5108R and 5208R are the same and they contain no
extra GUI elements, as they don't need them. So it doesn't matter if you
install them before or after the upgrade from 5108R to 5208R.