[BlueOnyx:17088] Re: 5208R Upgrades and question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Feb 22 11:05:31 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

> Just edit /etc/admserv/php.ini and
> change ....
>
> session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
>
> .... to ...
>
> session.gc_maxlifetime = 3600

I just tested it. I set it to 3600, restarted AdmServ, logged in to the
GUI and let it sit. I set an alarm to go off after 55 minutes and just
checked. I clicked on another menu entry in the GUI and it did load it
without redirecting me to the login form.

I let that sit for 62 minutes and then tried again. And it bumped me
back to the login form.

So it's actually the php.ini setting "session.gc_maxlifetime". It can be
changed to a maximum value of 3600 to extend it to one hour. Setting it
longer than that needs to take into account the timeout value of CCEd, too.