[BlueOnyx:17107] Sorry, the email alias, admin, is already in use on this system. Please choose another.

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Feb 24 10:12:33 -05 2015

Sorry to bring this one up as an "oldie but goodie".

Symptom confirmed on 5208R.

In Site Management create a new user or edit an existing one that you
want to have the email alias (not username, just alias!) of "admin".
You'll get the error message(s) that say:
"Sorry, the email alias, admin, is already in use on this system. Please
choose another."
"Email aliases were not created for this user. "

According to my research this was addressed as late as September 2014
(see BlueOnyx:15857) but I don't think we landed on a solution.

We have a client who advises us this morning "our customer has their
order system based on it and are not happy. Work around?"

IIRC, we previously were able to use "admin" as an alias in older
versions.  Can we restore that functionality?  Ideas?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services