[BlueOnyx:18039] Re: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: BlueOnyx-5209R/7/x86_64

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Fri Jul 17 08:59:26 -05 2015

Hi Richard,

>     What did I miss?
>     I have two 5209R one is a stand alone server the other is a VPS
>     on the stand alone yum update completes with no issues on the
>     VPS when I do yum update I get this
>     yum update
>     Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
>     Could not retrieve mirrorlist
>     http://updates.blueonyx.it/index.php?release=7&arch=x86_64 error
>     was
>     12: Timeout on
>     http://updates.blueonyx.it/index.php?release=7&arch=x86_64: (28,
>     'Resolving timed out after 30387 milliseconds')
>     Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: BlueOnyx-5209R/7/x86_64
>     Thank you,
>     RC--
I would first check you assigned NICs for the VPS and make sure they are
setup. I had a similar issue where the firewall was blocking my IP
addresses, due to the fact I had Dfix installed on 5209R. I was not able to
do any YUM updates or even get to the server via domain or IP address. Once
Dfix was uninstalled and I updated to Dfix2, that issue went away. I then
added my IP address to /etc/hosts.allow.
What are you using for VPS?
Tom