[BlueOnyx:18098] Blacklisting and mail relay

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Jul 24 15:41:39 -05 2015

Our typical installation utilizes AV-Spam in conjunction with a few
choice RBL's in the Blacklisting tab of BlueOnyx.

We are having difficulty with one of them that appears to have the
blacklist kicking in before authentication, and even on port 587.

It was my understanding that blacklists were only used on
non-authenticated users, and that port 587 was specifically exempted.
However, I can't tell you where I picked up that information.  As the
caretaker of an 8 year old for the past week, there's not much I *can*
tell you with complete confidence.

At any rate, if you have any suggestions for me, it will help get a
certain contingent of users off my back.  ie: ones I'm related to.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services