[BlueOnyx:17736] Re: PHP not working

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 1 10:38:02 -05 2015

Hi RC,

On 6/1/2015 10:26 AM, Richard Barker wrote:
> That was available the customer had shell access and changed the http
> conf and php ini

EEEK!   A webhosting customer with shell access... that's bold!  ;)

> I found a backup copied restored both and rebooted the sever all is good
> now.

Ah, yes.  Of course that would certainly cause some issues, and I'm not
sure I would have guessed the reason.  I tend to operate from the
perspective of letting a BlueOnyx box be a BlueOnyx box, and a
webhosting customer gets access to webhosting.  Expand those parameters,
and now there's a whole 'nother set of variables to consider!

> Oh and the customer no longer has shell access

Wise choice.  If a customer really needs shell, put them on their own
VPS.  That way, they can break all they want and it's nobody's issue but
their own.   You're in the fortunate position to be able to offer such a
service.  (And of course if you run out of server, you know where
there's more!)  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services