[BlueOnyx:17760] Virtual Box and SL-BlueOnyx

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Fri Jun 5 10:52:19 -05 2015

Last night, a friend of mine gave me a malfunctioning Dell Poweredge 900
server. It is loaded with 4 hex core 2.66 Intel XEON processors, 128gb ram,
5 500gb drives, 4 GB NICs, Perc6i RAID and more. It was basically very
dirty and needed cleaning, 2 RAM sticks replaced and RAM and card
reseating. After clean and repair, I immediately installed Scientific
Linux/BlueOnyx. I quickly realized it is way overkill for me. So I decided
to play with it and set it up using Virtual Box. I can do it very easy
installing it in Windows. But I feel it would be better running under a
Linux platform.

My question is, what are the requirements for SL/BluuOnyx, under this
platform. Or is there no difference installing it in a VM, as from scratch
on a formatted system?
Thanks in advance.
Tom