[BlueOnyx:17862] Re: Fresh install 5208R, no RAID1

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Sat Jun 20 11:02:06 -05 2015

On Jun 20, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:

> Boot into rescue mode using the CD.  Then fdisk to remove the partitions
> on the drives, write those changes and reboot to the installer again.
> That should get you running... if not then you have something very
> strange happening.  Make sure you have the latest download of the
> BlueOnyx ISO, and check your hardware to ensure no anomalies there.   If
> there's a fake-raid controller, ensure it's disabled.

No RAID options in BIOS, and no add-in controller.
This is a HP Pavilion a6417c computer (hobby server), AMD Athlon 64 x2, 4 GB RAM

I blew away the partition map earlier with dd, but wrote a new disk label with fdisk on both disks and verified that there were no partitions in rescue mode. Rebooted to the installer and started the default partitions choice -> Use all space option (reviewing partition layout).

Asks me to choose the install targets, finds both WDC WD15EARS disks (1430799 MiB capacity on both) in data drive list, which I move to the install list. Then I can only choose one drive for the boot loader. Continuing, the review screen shows a VolGroup of size 2861092 MB, NOT mirrored. I'm so confused.

I have a couple fresh 3 TB disks laying about. Will the 5208R installer accept that large a disk? I've had issues with that large a disk in other anaconda installers before - they wouldn't boot afterwards.

Thanks,
Jeff