[BlueOnyx:17866] Re: Fresh install 5208R, no RAID1

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Jun 20 14:53:16 -05 2015

Hi Jeff,

On 6/20/2015 1:09 PM, Jeff Folk wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2015, at 11:28 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
>>
>> Yup, should run 5x08R without an issue.
>
> Yeah. Installed fine and ran great the first time. That's when I noticed the large /home partition.  ;=)
>
>> But try the new ISO / CD first.  It may save you some grief.  Here's the
>> link:
>> http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/ISO/BlueOnyx-5208R-SL-6.6-20150304.iso
>
> Yes. That's the one I downloaded and burned to DVD on Friday.

Yes, it certainly sounds like you've been fairly thorough so far.
However, have you ruled out an issue with perhaps a DVD that just
doesn't have all the right bits?   It has happened before to me, both in
the download and in the burn.   That's why I recommended starting from
scratch on that.

ALSO... something I have not thought about in quite some time, but long
ago there used to be RAID issues if the disks were not connected in a
specific fashion.  Confirm that your disks are coming up /dev/sda and
/dev/sdb.   That may have been an old BlueQuartz-ism... it has honestly
been a very long time since I have had to consider something that odd.

If you are still having problems, then I'm not sure where to point you.
  If you have alternate server hardware available, you might just try
the disks in another system.  Just to see what happens.   We've
installed on everything from an off-the-shelf PC to various virtualized
environments, and dedicated server hardware of all shapes and sizes.
This isn't something I can recall coming up against myself.   Maybe
someone else can chime in as well.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services