[BlueOnyx:17879] Re: AV Spam V5 problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jun 21 20:10:08 -05 2015

Hi Wisja,

> Wrong move.. after that I got a new error in /var/log/maillog saying that
> 'Aliases0' was not found.

No matter how old or how new: No AV-SPAM install/removal touches
/etc/mail/aliases. It's all handled via sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf.

So I suspect the origin of the your problem might already have been
related to an alias issue and anything after that just introduced more
problems.

> As I just wrote, I've tried uninstalling AV-SPAM v5, it doesnt
> show anymore in 'installed software'. Same with Clam AV.
> But both are still active and can even be accessed form the GUI.

In that case: In the GUI disable all AV-SPAM services:

- Milter Greylist
- SpamAssassin
- Clam AV

That will rebuild your sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf to versions without
the provisions with them.

Then run this command to uninstall the GUI components:

rpm -qa|grep av_spam|xargs rpm -e --nodeps

That should do it.