[BlueOnyx:17923] Re: Vacation Message Not Working

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Sun Jun 28 10:01:16 -05 2015

Greetings Jeff,

I faced this same issue back in November, see BlueOnyx:16496

I did resolve it at the time by editing vacation.pl. Here's the sad part: it seems like I did not save that modified copy anywhere except on the server, nor did I seem to document the changes anywhere except in that modified file, and now I see the modified vacation.pl was overwritten on June 16th!

I *think* I just ended up making a change like this:

elsif ($returnpath)  { $sendto = $returnpath;  }

elsif ($returnpath)  { $sendto = $sender;  }

but I can't be sure without working through it and testing again.

I do remember that the basic problem was that the reply was going to the Return-Path but the return path is not valid on the encoded emails.

Regards,

David Thacker