[BlueOnyx:17929] Re: Vacation Message Not Working

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Mon Jun 29 21:20:00 -05 2015

Greetings,

Good news: I found where I had documented the solution for this, which I had worked out back in November. I’ve applied this fix to my BX5107 server again, and tested it just now to confirm it is working.

Find this around line 108 in /usr/local/sbin/vacation.pl:

## Check for @ and extract email address, if any

if ($sendto !~ /@/i)                          { exit;         }

elsif ($sendto =~ /[\w_\.\-]+[@%][\w_\.\-]+/) { $sendto = $&; }

else                                          { exit;         }

And comment that code out like this:

## Check for @ and extract email address, if any

##DT 2014-11-23 - remark this out so that email delivered through

##PostLayer (mx25.net) goes back to correct sender address

#   if ($sendto !~ /@/i)                          { exit;         }

#   else                                          { exit;         }

##DT

That’s it, problem resolved. Treat yourself to a cold beer...

Regards,

David Thacker