[BlueOnyx:18623] Tips for large disk installation

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Nov 6 18:30:44 -05 2015

We are setting up a customer with a BlueOnyx server with 10TB of disk.

Obviously, this large an installation presents some issues.   We've done
some trial and error without a lot of luck so far and wondered if anyone
else has been down this road with success.

What we've tried:
5208R, normal install:  Installer appears to timeout on formatting /home

5208R, small install:  Installer just hangs on creating partitions

5208R, expert install: Went through all the motions, and got an OS
installed, but there was no BlueOnyx included.

What I am considering next is loading up a small drive on the server and
installing BlueOnyx on it as I would normally.   Then after the
installation, move /home/.sites to the 10TB array.

Of course, I'll have to partition & format that array first.

That doesn't seem too tricky as we've certainly moved /home or
/home/.sites on servers before that had become disk-bound.   It's an old
kludge.

Ideas are welcomed with appreciation.
--
Chris Gebhardt