[BlueOnyx:18643] New server, software RAID problem.

bqlist bqlist at distortal.com
Wed Nov 11 13:27:49 -05 2015

Hi all,

I have commissioned a new 5208R/SL server but we've hit a snag. To
quote the engineer (because I have no idea about the installation
process):

----8<----
"The initial problem was the BlueOnyx installer wanted to only install
to /dev/sda. With BIOS raid1 setup, the raid array only showed up as
/dev/md127, causing the installer to halt. To bypass this, I think [we]
installed it without the BIOS raid, the installation wizard was able to
complete successfully without a raid array.

I would request the option to manually specify the target installation
disk. The first disk on a system is not always /dev/sda, as we have seen
on your server today."

Is there anything I suggest to reinstall with software raid1? Or should
I stump up the extra cash for hardware raid?

Regards,

Dick