[BlueOnyx:18649] Re: 5201R tarball installer

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 11 21:09:18 -05 2015

Hi Ernie,

> is there a tarball install version of 5209R yet?

Please see this:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=5209r-manual-install

There is no need for a tarball installer for 5209R, because it can be
cleanly installed via YUM.

> The reason I need it, is that I want to install BlueOnyx on ZFS instead of
> LVM volumes, so I can take advantage of the ZFS send and receive commands to
> keep a replica updated on my DR site.

BlueOnyx will not work on ZFS, as the mechanism for disk quota is
different there. The GUI uses the Perl module perl-Quota and that has no
ZFS support.

So you probably get as far with the install that all the RPMs get
installed, but during constructor run (when the "admin" account is
created) it will fail, as disk quota for "admin" cannot be set.