[BlueOnyx:18681] Re: Unable to set larger than 4TB quota

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 17 11:40:55 -05 2015

Hi Chris,

> This is on 5209R.
>
> We have a successful "large disk" BlueOnyx server running with 10TB
> available in /home.
>
> We want to allow all (or nearly) of that space to be consumed by a
> single site.   However, when setting the quota in BlueOnyx, I'm unable
> to get anything over 4TB to be accepted.  Attempting anything larger
> brings a red alert message that says "Unable to set the quota for site1".
>
> Nov 16 12:04:54 dedicated-server cced(smd)[14546]: handler
> handlers/base/disk/modquota.pl failed

I just looked at that handler and it's pretty straightforward. Not much
that can go wrong there. If you did grow the /home partition to a larger
size, then it could be that there is some conflicting info in the system
quota database that won't let you assign more space to a group than the
partition originally had. I'm not entirely sure about this, though.

If this is the case, then it can probably fixed this way:

First turn off quota:
/sbin/quotaoff -ug /home/

Then remove quota database
rm /home/aquota.user
rm /home/aquota.group

Then run quotacheck to get the quota back in sync:
/sbin/quotacheck /home/ -vugm

Finally turn back on quota:
/sbin/quotaon -ug /home/

And restore the values in the CODB database:
/usr/sausalito/sbin/disk_restorequotas.pl

If that doesn't fix it, then I'd need to do some debugging and would
need access to that server. :-/