[BlueOnyx:18682] Re: 5208R - Bug in Services -> Web

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 17 11:45:53 -05 2015

Hi Dirk,

> 5208R
> there is a bug in vsite -> services -> web.
> It is possible that a user can delete a database by accident.
>
> I cannot reproduce the bug in 5209R.

Weird. 5208R and 5209R use the same base-mysql, base-alpine and
base-vsite is almost identical. At least in the parts where MySQL is
concerned.

But yes: I think I have an idea how and why that happens. I'll publish a
fix for it.

What I'll probably do is this: Once MySQL is turned on under vsite ->
services -> web you cannot turn it off there. Any saving done on that
page will then no longer change any MySQL related settings.

In order to be able to disable MySQL I'll create a separate button under
vsite -> services -> MySQL that will fire a popup confirmation first (to
warn that disabling MySQL will delete all databases) and then turns
MySQL off from there.

I don't like to have to spread related on/off elements to different GUI
pages. But in the interest of accident prevention this is probably the
best possible compromise.