[BlueOnyx:18697] Re: Unable to delete vsite user

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Tue Nov 24 15:23:00 -05 2015

Here is the answer for everyone’s benefit.
Initially, there were a bunch of find and grep scripts running. I went and killed those and we tried it again. After that, it was now coming back to the gui instead of providing no feedback. But the user still wouldn’t delete.
The root cause was the fact that the vsite web tree was still owned by the user… but there were no error messages in the gui.

Nov 24 14:02:13 smallmouth cced(smd)[14995]: handler handlers/base/user/check_deluser.pl failed

We manually changed the ownership of the web tree back to nobody … and tried again, and all good.