[BlueOnyx:18700] Problem with aventurin{e} logrotate

Simone Capra capra at erweb.it
Thu Nov 26 04:05:42 -05 2015

Hi all,

i have noticed that Aventurin{e} maillog is not rotating correctly. I
have setup logrotate to perform a daily rotation on all logs via the
"daily" keyword in /etc/logrotate.conf
The file /etc/logrotate.d/syslog has no reference to time keywords.

After a few days logs are rotated always on a weekly basis. I have run
the command
/usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf -d

and at a point i noticed:

rotating pattern: /var/log/cron
/var/log/maillog
/var/log/messages
/var/log/secure
/var/log/spooler
  weekly (52 rotations)
empty log files are not rotated, old logs are removed
considering log /var/log/cron
   log does not need rotating
considering log /var/log/maillog
   log does not need rotating
considering log /var/log/messages
   log does not need rotating
considering log /var/log/secure
   log does not need rotating
considering log /var/log/spooler
   log does not need rotating
not running postrotate script, since no logs were rotated

It seems that logrotate thinks of a weekly rotation.... but it must be
daily as per my configuration on /etc/logrotate.conf

The problem seems to be /etc/logrotate.d/glusterfs which contains time
keywords outside of configuration files.
I have modified the file in this way:
# Rotate client logs
/var/log/glusterfs/*.log {
   weekly
   rotate 52
   missingok
   compress
   delaycompress
   notifempty
   sharedscripts
   postrotate
   /usr/bin/killall -HUP glusterfs > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
   /usr/bin/killall -HUP glusterd > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
   endscript
}

# Rotate server logs
/var/log/glusterfs/bricks/*.log {
   weekly
   rotate 52
   missingok
   compress
   delaycompress
   notifempty
   sharedscripts
   postrotate
   sharedscripts
   postrotate
   /usr/bin/killall -HUP glusterfsd > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
   endscript
}

and now it seems to be ok: logs are rotate correctly!

Regards
Simone