[BlueOnyx:19434] Re: Firewalld on 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Apr 7 16:53:37 -05 2016

Hi Robert,

> Can firewalld be enabled on a 5209R server? I have Dfix already
> installed, but need to do some additional blocking.

You could enable it, but then you have to manage it somehow.

My recommendation would be to get the APF firewall and Dfix2. Both work
together and the APF GUI allows you to easily manage the firewall
through the GUI. Dfix2 then handles the dynamic blocking and unblocking
of detected "bad" activity by using APF for the blocking.

Please note: Dfix2. APF and the "free" Dfix won't play together nicely.