[BlueOnyx:19997] vacation message sender information (BO 5209R and maybe all other)

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Fri Aug 19 04:01:52 -05 2016

Hello,

I have a question about setting the correct sender address for a vacation message.

If I create a vacation message for a user and only enter the text in the textfield the mail From: is automatically set to
<username>@<FQDN>
Example:
mymailusername at www.mydomain.de

But the official E-Mail address of the user is different.

So I can add in the first line of the message the following line:

From:myalias at mydomain.de

Now the sender E-Mail address is myalias at mydomain.de but the first line in the message itself is not removed in the message text. The message text will be:

---
From: myalias at mydomain.de

Hello Sender,

lala, ... blala
---

Is this a bug or an feature?
In my point of view lines like:

should be processed by vacation.pl but should also be removed.
What do you think about this?

best regards,
Dirk