[BlueOnyx:20036] Re: 5209R Sendmail hanging gripe

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Aug 31 09:32:33 -05 2016

Hi Larry,

On 8/31/2016 8:28 AM, Larry Smith wrote:
>   Have two 5209R servers that are doing the exact same thing.
> Appears to be relative to end-of-day processing, but not certain.

Do you happen to have AV-SPAM on these systems, as well?

I've noticed that CLAM tends to lock up frequently.  So much so, that
it's more trouble than it's worth.

This is the 2nd day in a row that we're responding to boatloads of
tickets with reports that users can't send email - it just keeps asking
for their password again and again.   Checking the logs, we see the
sending IP address triggering messages like
...did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services