[BlueOnyx:20039] Re: 5209R Sendmail hanging gripe

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Wed Aug 31 09:53:45 -05 2016

Chris,

  Yes, have the AV-SPAM package on both boxes, but that
particular error I believe is the saslauthd process not restarting
after end-of-day processes (part of my same sendmail problem)

If I restart the saslauthd process, my users report that mail starts
working again and I no longer see these messages.  I also see
messages on auth fail for sendmail scattered between the no MAIL/EXPN
messages.  I have been just restarting both sendmail and saslauthd
and it seems to fix things (while I was out the techs were just
rebooting the boxes which also "fixes" it).

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net