[BlueOnyx:20042] Re: 5209R Sendmail hanging gripe

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 14:44:35 -05 2016

Yeah we have seen this too … ☹
Every morning had to restart sendmail, clamd etc. on all 5209 running av-spam.

Michael’s script to restart everything fixes all but the saslauthd.

Bit of a pain to say the least.

Colin

On 31/08/2016, 16:32, "Blueonyx on behalf of Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it on behalf of cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com> wrote:

    Hi Larry,

    On 8/31/2016 8:28 AM, Larry Smith wrote:
    >   Have two 5209R servers that are doing the exact same thing.
    > Appears to be relative to end-of-day processing, but not certain.

    Do you happen to have AV-SPAM on these systems, as well?

    I've noticed that CLAM tends to lock up frequently.  So much so, that
    it's more trouble than it's worth.

    This is the 2nd day in a row that we're responding to boatloads of
    tickets with reports that users can't send email - it just keeps asking
    for their password again and again.   Checking the logs, we see the
    sending IP address triggering messages like
    ...did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

    --
    Chris Gebhardt
    VIRTBIZ Internet Services