[BlueOnyx:20049] Re: 5209R Sendmail hanging - please read

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Aug 31 16:18:33 -05 2016

Thanks, Michael.

On 8/31/2016 4:01 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> On 16th August I published the AV-SPAM 6.2.1-1, which contains fixes
> that are supposed to deal with most of the issues.
>
> Please check which version of the AV-SPAM you all have installed. If
> your's is hanging and is not version 6.2.1-1, then please consider
> upgrading. Once you have upgraded, disable an AV-SPAM Milter and turn it
> back again. That will create a new and impoved sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf.
>
> And I'd love to hear if anyone still has issues although 6.2.1-1 is
> already installed.

We're using (I think!) the subscription version under BOPE/BOEE so we
should be kept up-to-date in that case.   I'll have to double check to
be certain.

If I may bring up one other thing that may/may not be related to these
sorts of issues, but comes up and causes problems nonetheless... It
would appear that from time to time, Sendmail enforces the blacklists
configured in the Email section of the GUI even if the user is
authenticating.

That bit me on a 5209R box yesterday where a customer kept trying to
send but was denied because of blacklists.  He promised he had his
Outlook configured to use SMTP-Auth, and I confess I didn't believe it
until I initiated a screenconnect and took a look at his settings
myself.  Yes, I'm in the trenches this week until tomorrow due to some
vacation time being taken by a couple of the guys.  Keeps me on my toes,
I suppose!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services