[BlueOnyx:20054] Re: 5208R, stop replacing my cert

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 31 20:24:15 -05 2016

Hi Chris,

>> Since it was a wildcard cert, the CSR was initiated from command line.
>> The installation of the cert and the CA was performed via GUI.
>

> I don't have a clue what might trigger the host-/domainname flip-flop,
> but it might be responsible for this.

Confirmed: The flip-flop of the server host- and domainname is
responsible for that. On every CCEd restart it would alternate between
two different domain names. The cause for that is conflicting info in
/etc/hosts.

I'm now publishing an updated base-ssl for 5207R/5208R/5209R which will
prevent that a real SSL certificate gets replaced with a self signed one
during server hostname or domainname changes.

To fix your flip-flop of the server name please delete /etc/hosts and
restart CCEd. That will recreate it without conflicting info and will
fix that issue as well.