[BlueOnyx:20358] SSL

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 04:59:45 -05 2016

There will be some of you who will laugh at the question but here goes! :)
I will try and explain.

We have a VPS called server.domain.com with a vsite called mail.domain.com which hosts all the email for a particular client.
The client wants their users to use mail.domain.com for their email server settings and to have a proper SSL cert on there.
We have a cert on each (VPS and vsite) but when they connect for email it throws an error - obviously because the certificate doesn't match.

There is only the one vsite on there for email (mail.domain.com)

I don't want to shell out for a SAN on the VPS and the cert on the vsite is paid up for three years.

I suppose I could change the VPS name to mail.domain.com and rename the vsite but this would be a bit messy.
Is there an easier way around this conundrum?

Any suggestions welcome.

Colin