[BlueOnyx:20366] Re: SSL

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 14:50:09 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

> So what to do in this case? :)

    Sorry, then you're f*cked. ;-)

That is kinda what I figured although there is a lot of comment on the LE website about support for multiple sub-domains:

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/support-for-sub-domains-and-wildcard-certificates/17067/2

I presume this is what you were saying about the aliases on the vsites. Can this not be applied to the certificate for the VPS itself?

    If you wanna be sneaky, you could rename the VPS itself to
    mail.company.com and generate an LE SSL certificate for that. But then
    of course mail.company.com can no longer be a web server alias for the
    Vsite www.company.com.

This was my plan B ;)

Thanks

Colin