[BlueOnyx:20415] Re: xxx.net is critical - 10min disk backlog - disk_backlog.sdb

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Dec 26 18:52:09 -05 2016

Hi Kenneth,

> I'm getting this message
> xxx.net is critical - 10min disk backlog - disk_backlog.sdb

I usually get these as well when the server is under a high I/O load and
the disks are really busy. Like when a VPS runs an RSYNC or CMU backup.
So check when it happens and see what's going on. If there is an
explicable cause (like the backup running) then you know where it comes
from and when it might happen. If it's not the backup, then check what's
causing the load and see if that's desired behaviour or something unwanted.