[BlueOnyx:19184] Re: 5107/5108 Hyper-V image fresh install results in 40GB ?

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Wed Feb 24 15:51:51 -05 2016

Colin,

>I am still a little nervous of rolling out 5209 on production. Had my test
>VPS suddenly self destruct:

>[BlueOnyx:19125] Re: Aventurine 5209 VPS lost network

>And haven’t been able to recover it - fortunately only a test server so
>nothing lost.
>Could have been a nightmare.

I am a bit nervous going to a new version, the 5209 shows as stable on the
BlueOnyx site. I figure the following is my protection in case something
happens that I am unable to recover from.

1) Create a base VM image once everything is setup like I want it to be and
store it someplace safe
2) Implement the raqbackup.sh script that I have been running for years to
backup the sites/users/sql
3) If my VM goes toast, create a new VM, import the backup. Yes, I would
possibly have a loss of 24 hours but I would minimize downtime in the event
that something is totally corrupt to just a few hours.

Jim