[BlueOnyx:19228] Re: 5107/5108 Hyper-V image fresh install resultsin 40GB ?

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Mon Feb 29 15:47:20 -05 2016

Wanted to provide an update to this thread.

In the end I took the advice that was consistently given and built 2 boxes
using the latest 5209 build. I was actually able to find a build of
OpenWebmail that had been fixed up to work on CentOS 7 and pulled the source
out of the RPM and manually installed and got it working. However I also
manually installed Roundcube as well and after playing around with that
interface and found it to be a far superior webmail interface. Due to the
fact that Openwebmail has not been updated in years (who knows what exploits
exist) and the fact that Roundcube was actively being developed I went ahead
and decided to not have Openwebmail installed.

I contacted a number of power user customers and informed them prior about
the change and most were a bit worried but understsood. Unfortunately I
could not do this for every customer and as such I received a number of
emails communicating their disappointment (putting it lightly). Not sure
what will come of it but the change has been completed. I expect I will be
getting more emails as the days roll on and people go to use webmail for the
first time.

I had a number of issues that I ran into during the migration that you can
see based on the number of other email threads I created.

[BlueOnyx:19222]  unknown mailer error 127
[BlueOnyx:19223] Re: SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher
[BlueOnyx:19225] Re: What is the purpose of the dummy.blueonyx.itsite?
[BlueOnyx:19226] Re:
Error:rm:cannotremove'/usr/sausalito/capcache/admin_capabilityGroups':Permissiondenied
[BlueOnyx:19227] Re: Consolidating servers - Anything I need to be aware
when doing CMU Export/Import?
[BlueOnyx:19205]  Could not delete a site admin after migration
[BlueOnyx:19194]  quotacheck error
[BlueOnyx:19182]  Send everyone an email on the server

However, I worked though each issue and things are sort of stable currently.
Once all is said and done I might write one email consolidates my
experience.

Thanks again everyone

Jim