[BlueOnyx:18965] Re: 5208R System Settings -> Cache: Fatal error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 12 13:17:07 -05 2016

Hi,

> I've installed the update and rebooted the server, but when I click in the
> new menu Cache I have this problem:
>
> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Memcache in
> /usr/sausalito/ui/chorizo/ci/application/modules/base/memcache/controllers/memcache.php
> on line 3

Line 3 of that PHP class simply defines the class name:

3   class Memcache extends MX_Controller {

PHP class names must be unique. So no two PHP classes may have the same
name. BlueOnyx itself (and CodeIgniter) only have our single PHP class
"Memcache" as provided by the BlueOnyx module base-memcache.

There is no (supported) third party module that brings another
"Memcache" class aboard either.

So the interesting question is: Why do you have more than one?

Let's find that out. Please run the following command as "root" from SSH
on your BlueOnyx:

grep -R "class Memcache" /usr/sausalito/ui/chorizo/ci/

That should return only one result:

/usr/sausalito/ui/chorizo/ci/application/modules/base/memcache/controllers/memcache.php:class
Memcache extends MX_Controller {

If it returns more than one result, then please post them to this list
and I'll take a look.