[BlueOnyx:19077] Re: Secondary DNS will not start

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jan 28 09:49:27 -05 2016

On 1/28/2016 8:13 AM, wcstaff at webcoast.com wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>> You're looking at the wrong service.   Try named-chroot instead of named.
>>
> I was wondering, I always get the same error messages regarding named fail
> to start, then have no email or web services. Do you think this may have
> something to do with the server not starting "named-chroot" on 3 or 4 times
> out of 5 YUM updates.
> Maybe it is trying to start named" instead of "named-chroot", after it shuts
> down the DNS and does the updates?
> Just a thought.

This is a bit of a thread hijack if you're referring to your previous
post at [BlueOnyx:19070]

That said, I don't see a relation.   RC was just looking at the wrong
service to determine if something was running or not.  You're saying
that you have services that fail to start.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services