[BlueOnyx:19086] Re: DNS not starting

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 28 20:17:32 -05 2016

Hi all,

> Fix:
>
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init restart
> systemctl restart named-chroot

Yeah, that's the fix. I also just published a YUM update for 5209R which
will prevent this from happening again.

The issue is: RedHat modified the 'named-chroot" Systemd Unit-File in a
way that it'll always run a check on the zone files. But it runs the
check against the wrong directory and doesn't actually check the zone
files in the chroot, but the ones outside. Which will fail.

We have a CCE constructor that fixes the 'named-chroot' Unit-File. But
during every bind update this will get rolled back with the "bad"
version from upstream.

So I modified Active Monitor to detect such a bad rollback and it will
then perform corrective actions to the Unit-File and will restart
'named-chroot' again. Provided it was supposed to be running. If not, it
remains stopped.

This solution isn't ideal, but it's the best I can do in a pinch.