[BlueOnyx:19787] Re: Login problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 1 10:45:00 -05 2016

Hi all,

> Lets look at the specific error. This line of code reads:
> $this->socketPath = $system->getConfig("ccedSocketPath");
>
> That method is included in
> /usr/sausalito/ui/chorizo/ci/application/libraries/System.php
>
> The method is designed to open /usr/sausalito/ui/conf/ui.cfg to get some
> basic system parameters for the UI. One observation. The error says it
> cannot find getConfig, so something is really screwed if it cannot find a
> standard library which gets loaded in CceClient and all sorts of other
> places.

One of the common causes for this is a broken onboard PHP. Like
replacing the onboard PHP with another one. Or /etc/admserv/php.ini
getting truncated or corrupted. When that happens, the GUI might try to
work around it by no longer using cce.so to communicate with CCEd and
instead tries to use CCE.php instead, which works with more PHP versions
than the one that your BlueOnyx initially shipped with.

Still: That might fail to resolve all issues if /etc/admserv/php.ini no
longer has the correct library path (and some other needed parameters)
set that point to the right directions.

My recommendation would be: Send me the login details offlist so that I
can take a look. It's fixable, but what the fix is depends on what's
actually broken. And with the information I have right now I can't
determine that yet.