[BlueOnyx:19792] Re: Bulk changes to slave dns

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 16:14:21 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

> need to update records for primary addresses en-masse on our

> secondary servers. Anybody any thoughts on this?

]# /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsMassChange.pl

dnsMassChange.pl V2.0

======================

This script can change all DNS records with a certain old IP to a

specified new IP.

To use it, run it with the following parameters:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsMassChange.pl -o old-ip -n new-ip

Yes – I use that quite a lot. Great script. ☺

That script of course is only good for changing the IP's of Primary DNS

records. For the secondaries you could then use the dns-slavezones.pl

script.

I need to change all the slave zone records when I move my primary servers.

Would I need to dump the slave zone to a text file and then sed the txt file and reimport or is there an easier way?

If so, would that create duplicate records?

Thanks

Colin