[BlueOnyx:19799] Re: PHP breaking randomly

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Jul 6 12:20:55 -05 2016

Hi DD,
On 7/6/2016 1:23 AM, DD wrote:
> Using 5209 on Centos 6.8, my PHP occasionally stops working, affecting
> several sites. This happens every few months and around 6AM local time so
> might be related to the YUM process, though there were no new updates this
> morning.

Hmmm - 5209R and CentOS 6.8 are mutually-exclusive.   Do you have 5209R
which runs on CentOS 7, or 5208R which runs on CentOS 6?

>>From the error shown in the site output the issue seems to be related to
> open_basedir, causing PHP's include() to fail. Unfortunately I never have
> time to investigate at that point because I have to get the site up and
> running ASAP.
>
> Thankfully this is easy: Logging in to the admin panel, navigating to Site
> Maintenance->[sitename]->Services->PHP and clicking Save fixes the problem.
>
> Does anyone else see this behaviour? And where should I start looking in
> order to find the root of the problem?

Indeed, we have witnessed this from time to time.  However, it does not
appear to be consistent across servers.  We manage several dozen
BlueOnyx systems and if this sort of thing happens, it's typically only
to one or two at a time.   My guess is that it has something to do with
Apache not reloading properly for one reason or another.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services