[BlueOnyx:19901] Re: Aventurin{e} 6108R released

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 02:47:03 -05 2016

Hi Greg,

On 27/07/2016, 23:27, "Blueonyx on behalf of Greg Kuhnert" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it on behalf of gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au> wrote:

I just wanted to add some thoughts on this announcement. Michael has I think underplayed the importance of this news, but I think this great news for everyone that runs BlueOnyx. In fact, I would recommend anyone planning to build a new BlueOnyx server to install Aventurin{e} first.

With Aventurin{e}, you get the ability to do server level backups. Other backup tools out there do stuff at a vsite and codb level, which is still important to do… but what about your custom tweaks and hacks in other parts of your server? Aventurin{e} backup creates a full duplicate copy of every file on your server.

Its also easy to migrate/move a server. New hardware? No problem. Just move the entire VPS to a new aventurine blade on new hardware.

New server builds take forever? Not with Aventurine. I just did a test install of 5209R on my existing Aventurin{e} node that already has 13 other servers running. It took less than two minutes to install from the latest template. Try doing that from an ISO?

And what about the dark side of the moon? We all hate that time when you need to reboot blueonyx, hoping it will come back. Instead, rebooting blue onyx inside an Aventurin{e} console means you still have IP connectivity to the console and you can get back on your server a lot quicker.

Those are just a few items that I wanted to share. This will be a big win for all Blueonyx users…

Greg

Absolutely spot on – I have never understood why anybody running BX for anything other than home use doesn’t run on Aventurin{e} … even before it was free.

It has saved my a* many a time – even when I have had to pay Michael to repair broken VPS from the CLI. ☺

This is a major gift to the community.

Colin