[BlueOnyx:19720] Re: Secondary DNS Slave

Mitchell Rothschild mjr at misswebhost.com
Wed Jun 15 13:46:53 -05 2016

Michael,

>Bind listens on all IP's. The question is of course what the SOA says which
IP the nameserver really is on. So if your secondary DNS does a Zone
transfer, it >should do it against the IP that's listed as primary
nameserver in the SOA of the record it wants to transfer. So you might want
to check the settings of the >secondary DNS server to see what it's trying
to pull the records from.

>And of course: The IP of the secondary nameserver must be allowed to do
zone transfers. That's configured in the DNS server settings of the box that
runs the >primary DNS server.

Thanks for the information - I checked and the SOA says the vsite domain
which is the actual nameserver not the server itself.
I do have the IP of the secondary server in the primary servers Zone
Transfer Access by IP Address
I still get  - refused notify from non-master: and the IP of the server
itself not the vsite which is the nameserver.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mitch