[BlueOnyx:20283] Re: Mailman config issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Nov 21 14:25:54 -05 2016

Hi Barry,

> Is there a config file that might not have been found as we converted.  I know that the file /ver/spool/root/cron used
> to have the actual cron for Mailman, instead of what was stated in the /etc ... files.

The thing is you came from a 5106R that initially had Majordomo and that
got manually replaced with Mailman. So the entire setup was slightly off
in several regards compared to later BlueOnyx versions that shipped
directly with Mailman.

For example we keep all configs under /etc/ and you had some under /var/
or /usr/lib/. When I made the migration I switched the configs to the
correct places under /etc/ and put symlinks in place. So on that end you
should be good.

> I did find this after telling mailman to "send this to the owner" ...
>
> Nov 19 21:49:09 5209r milter-greylist: uAK3n9Zw017036: skipping greylist because address 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted, (from=<broadcast-bounces@******.net>, rcpt=<broadcast-owner@******.net>, addr=localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]) ACL 106

That's fine and works as intended. The message bypassed Greylisting,
because it originated locally.

> Nov 19 21:49:10 2016 (15398) SMTP session failure: 553, 5.3.0 <mailman-bounces@*****.net>... No such user here, msgid: <mailman.0.1479613748.17033.broadcast@******.net>
> Nov 19 21:49:10 2016 (15398) SMTP session failure: 553, 5.3.0 <mailman-bounces@*****.net>... No such user here, msgid: <mailman.0.1479613748.17033.broadcast@*****.net>

That seems to be the problem. There might not be an entry in the
virtusertable for mailman-bounces at ... so they are undeliverable.

Please take a look at /etc/mail/virtusertable and you will see the
additions I made for all the various lists. Check if mailman-bounces@*
exists and if not you might want to add it.

After editing /etc/mail/virtusertable do this to push the changes out:

cd /etc/mail
make all
newaliases