[BlueOnyx:20081] SSL redirection

Darren Wolfe darren at intersys-group.com
Thu Sep 8 09:49:03 -05 2016

Hi,

I have multiple vsites, but only one with SSL (a real SSL certificate, not Let's Encrypt), all using the same public iP.
Going to http://www.site.com is fine, going to https://www.site.com is fine - as expected.

But if I try to go to a site that does not have an SSL certificate using https - https://www.othersite.com - I would expect it to fail, but instead I first get a "ERR_CRT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID" warning from Chrome, and then if I proceed it redirects me to https://www.site.com

It has been this way in BX for as long as I can remember, but is it something that is actually solvable?