[BlueOnyx:20083] Re: SSL redirection

Darren Wolfe darren at intersys-group.com
Thu Sep 8 14:46:39 -05 2016

No, that's the thing - they are two entirely different vsites!
Each does have web alias redirects enabled, but only to catch their non-www prefixed domain and send it to www. No others. They are completely separate, only sharing the same server and same public IP address.

So: vsite1 is www.site.com, which has https enabled
Vsite2 is www.othersite.com, which does not have https enabled
If I go to https://www.othersite.com, it tries to, at first, connect me to https://www.othersite.com which throws the certificate error, then immediately redirects me to https://www.site.com after I click through the certificate warning.