[BlueOnyx:20085] Re: SSL redirection

Darren Wolfe darren at intersys-group.com
Thu Sep 8 16:51:39 -05 2016

Hi,

I've done both of those things - same result.
I go to https://www.othersite.com, it gives me a certificate error (the certificate for www.site.com) which I accept, then it redirects me to https://www.site.com

As far back as I can remember it has done this, all the back to the Cobalt RAQ days.
It seems like it shouldn't do this and since we're entering into an age where all sites are becoming https by default its bound to cause problems when browsers just try https first.