[BlueOnyx:20856] Re: Site admin user cannot create or modify database names/settings

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 7 00:02:03 -05 2017

Hi Chuck,

> When I created a new company, created a admin user for
> that site, and logged in as that user - I can bring up the SERVICES and WEB
> page.  I can click the ENABLE checkmark for "MariaDB user and database".  And I
> can put in database/user names.  BUT!  There is no SAVE button on the page - so
> I can't create a database for that site.

The siteAdmin can only create databases if the Vsite has not yet reached
the number of allowed MySQL/MariaDB databases. And he cannot delete the
primary database. That is a known limitation that we have to live with.

So please check this:

Under Vsite / "Services" / "MariaDB" (or "MySQL") check what it says in
the field "Allowed Databases".

Then check how many databases you see listed on that GUI page. If the
number is "1" and you already have a database? Then the siteAdmin cannot
do anything on this page.

You might see a single database with a red icon. Which indicates that
this is the first database and it cannot be deleted.

You may see additional databases, which have a trashcan icon. A click on
that trashcan icon will delete that database.

In order to have an "+ Add" button to add databases this Vsite must not
yet have reached the maximum number of allowed databases.

To change the number of allowed databases go to "Services" / "Web" as
"admin"-user and edit "Allowed Databases" to a number greater than what
you currently allow.

Once that is set a siteAdmin of that Vsite can add and delete extra
databases himself.