[BlueOnyx:20920] Re: The network interface eth0 is down

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Apr 19 07:41:25 -05 2017

On 4/19/2017 6:59 AM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have a 5209 server virtual machine on CentOS KVM where Active Monitor
> continues to report this issue, but the server and all vsites are
> accessible. Another issue is that none of the web aliases for any vsites
> work, they all lead to the first vsite. Only the host with domain as
> specified in the vsite setup work for accessing the site. I've tried a
> multitude of things including a reboot of the virtual host. There is
> also an old 5106 and 5108 servers on the save host without the issues.
>
> Support is not able to help, so I am turning to the list to see if
> anyone has any suggestion on how to fix or experience with the same?

Hi Robert,
KVM has not traditionally been the best environment for BlueOnyx, but it
should be able to work OK.   It seems that you have a couple of issues
at work here, so let's take a look.

On the vsites that are not coming up as aliases, what comes up?
Anything, or host not found?   If it's a host not found, then it's
probably a DNS issue you'll want to check on.    If it's another website
on the server then go to the vsite config for the site with the alias
problem, pull out all the website aliases and save, then put them back
in and save again.   See if that fixes it.

On the network alert from Active Monitor, you should be safe to disable
that.   On some virtualized platforms that can be more of a nuisance
than a help.

Let us know how it goes.
--
Chris Gebhardt