[BlueOnyx:21264] Re: wrong pointing when using http://mydomain.com while http://www.mydomain.com goes right

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 16 15:24:57 -05 2017

Hi Chris,

>> /usr/sausalito/sbin/fix_web-and-email-server-aliasses.pl
>
> Since sometimes we find the web aliases to be broken at random
> intervals, should we consider running this as a cron?  Or is that too much?

It's too disruptive to run it as a cron. This script takes away all
aliases, saves and puts the aliases back in and saves again.

A recently published fix already helped a little, but I'm currently
working on taking it one step further. There will be an Active Monitor
component that checks the integrity of web server aliases and if it
finds something amiss, it will selectively apply the missing web server
alias again to just the Vsite(s) that lost it.

This component also gets a debugging switch that will report the last 15
minutes of CCE transactions from /var/log/messages so that we can track
down the CCE-transaction that caused the web alias to disappear from the
Vhost container.