[BlueOnyx:21270] Re: **SPAM(5.0)** Re: block spam from .faith domains

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Thu Aug 17 10:29:37 -05 2017

On 16.08.17 13:18, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:21258] Re: block spam from .faith domains
> From: Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it>
> Date: 16.08.17 13:18
> To: blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it
>
> Hi Meaulnes,
>> what other indicators?
> Depends. Something that's in the message body or header of all these emails. One could use the GUI to create a custom SpamAssassin rule that triggers on that.

yes I could, but SpamAssassin only _tags_ the spam but doesn't _block_ it.

>> artcdr.faith
>> babelism.faith
>> bardelye.faith
> <snip>
> You could use this wildcard then:
> *@*.faith
> That would cover them all and anything from a *.faith toplevel-domain.

This works with SpamAssassin, but not in Server Management > Network Services > E-Mail > Advanced: the «Block Email From Hosts/Domains»-box doesn't accept asterisks.

I just entered «faith» without the leading dot (.faith wasn't accepted either), let's see if it works, didn't get any mails from *.faith domains until now...

> -- With best regards Michael Stauber

Thank you and best regards

Meaulnes Legler
~ http://www.WaveWeb.ch ~