[BlueOnyx:21279] how to add the correct DKIM with an external mailserver

PESJA A & A info at pesja.nl
Wed Aug 23 07:38:30 -05 2017

Hi All,

We are almost completed the  migration from Virtualmin to BlueOnyx. One of the steps left is integrating DKIM into the DNS records of BX.

Maybe not relevant, but we don't use the mailserver within BX.
The external mailserver provide us the correct DKIM key and in Virtualmin I ony had to set up an TXT record and it worked fine after that.
Unfortunately there is no documentation of insert DKIM in general within BX, but maybe the forum can help me out

I tried to copied that TXT record into the DNS of the BX server, like this example:
---
Host Name -> mail._domainkey.domain.com
Domain Name -> domain.com
Tekst Record v=DKIM1;p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BA etc. etc.
--

But no luck.

Also the layout of BX with a filled DKIM key (392 alfanumeric characters) stretched out tot the rigt. It's a litle annoying, but I can overcome that.

Can anyone help me to sort out the correct implementation of a record for DKIM?

Thank's in advance.

Kind regards,

PESJA